The Florida Tomato Committee has announced the following position opening; Manager
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT – Manager
The Florida Tomato Committee consist of 12 producer members and their alternates and is responsible to USDA/AMS for the operation of the Federal Marketing Order 966 Florida tomatoes. The Manager is employed by the Florida Tomato Committee to implement and carry out directives and policies of the Committee and to manage and administrate the directives of the marketing order. In addition, the Manager provides (under a MOA) services to the Florida Tomato Exchange and the Florida Tomato Growers Exchange as their Executive Vice President.
- Perform overall day to day Executive management of the Committee.
- Act as liaison between the Committee and the USDA/AMS in matters pertaining to administration of the marketing order programs.
- Ensure that all activities undertaken are authorized under the marketing order and that such activities comply with USDA/Agricultural Marketing Service precluding Committee member/alternates and staff from engaging in lobbying activities on behalf of the Committee
- Recommend research and promotion projects, as authorized and provide the Committee and USDA with project outlines and complete justification for each project.
- Recommend approval of contracts and agreements for outside contractors and consultants. Enter into and sign on behalf of the Committee such contracts as may be approved by the Committee.
- Provide oversight of research and promotion projects and contractors/consultants activities associated with such projects.
- In consultation with the Committee, arrange for an independent annual audit be accomplished; prepare marketing policies and compliance policies to address current industry issues.
- Serve as a liaison between the Committee and industry; ensure FTC representation on industry committees and functions as required.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBLITIES UNDER MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT WITH FLORIDA TOMATO EXCHANGE
The Executive Vice President is responsible for the day to day operation of the FTE under the direction of the Board of Directors.
- The position is responsible for the management of the financial operations of the Exchange including budgets, contracts.
- Annual operational policies are developed for Board approval.
- In consultation with the Board, legislative action plans are developed annually with full responsibility to carry those out under the direction of the Board, including the oversite of legal and lobbying efforts.
- Serve as the liaison between the Board and other organizations that have common agendas with the FTE on legislative and regulatory issues.
- Serve as a primary contact on tomato related food safety issues that impact Florida tomatoes.
- Actively work with other groups and coalitions in achieving the goals set forth by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure that the financial records are audited on an annual basis.
- Prepare budget and assessment recommendations for the Board’s approval.
- Coordinate with staff the Joint Tomato Conference.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES UNDER MEMORANDUM OF AGREEMENT WITH THE FLORIDA TOMATO GROWERS EXCHANGE
Executive Vice President is responsible for organizing all functions of the Florida Tomato Growers Exchange in accordance with bylaws.
- Coordination of marketing discussions as required by the organization.
- Development of annual operational policies and budget with collaboration of the Board.
- Provide for annual audit of financial records and annual tax filings.
Undergraduate degree with demonstrated management, initiative, and leadership skills.
OFFICE LOCATION: 800 Trafalgar Ct., Suite 300, Maitland, FL 32751
TIME FRAME: March or April 2017
COMPENSATION: Based on qualifications and experience ($125,000-$150,000) with vehicle allowance, one-month vacation, individual health care plan and 401(k) contribution.
RESUMES: all resumes should be sent to Reggie@floridatomatoes.org